Smartphones catching fire is on the news since Galaxy Note 7’s release. This is a serious issue that has to be taken care of. This has been in the news for quite some time now. Most of the phones which have this issue blast usually when the phone is being recharged.

A RedMi Note 4 smartphone exploded in the pocket of a user in Ravulapalem in East Godavari district. Bhavana Suryakiran, the owner of the phone sustained serious injuries on his thigh. The phone caught fire when he was riding his bike from his house to his shop. He had his phone in his pant pocket during this journey and since it was burning the phone could not be pulled out. Locals came to his rescue, poured water on his pants before they were able to pull it out. However, the phone was still on fire even after they threw it out.

Suryakiran said he bought the RedMi Note 4 phone 20 days back and he will take the issue to the court over the faulty piece as well as for compensation for his injuries.

Leave a Reply