The deadline to link your Aadhar card to your PAN Card ends on August 31. If you have still not done the needful, your PAN card may be deactivated by the Government of India. The Income Tax department of India has suddenly become active and has started plucking the weed from the blooming garden of authentic PAN cards. Recently, they deactivated around 11 lakh PAN cards which were categorized as “fake” or “duplicate”. Also, the PAN cards which were issued under false documents were disabled.
he deactivating of PAN cards will help the government in sorting out black money from the nation. Also, many property issues and theft purchases can be avoided by linking your Aadhar card to the PAN card.
It is necessary to check if your PAN card is still active and if not, you need to get it renewed soon. You can check the status of your PAN card online by following the below steps.
To check if your PAN card is valid, follow the steps:
- Visit the e-filling website.
- Under the services tab, on the left side of the page, click on ‘Know our PAN’.
- You will be redirected to a page where you will have to fill certain details.
- After filling, you will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number after which you need to click on ‘Validate’.
- If your PAN is active, it will show ‘Active’.
The government is trying its best to sweep black money from the country. Link Aadhar to PAN and help India grow!