A 12-year-old boy died on Tuesday night after his mobile phone exploded in his hands in Chhattisgarh’s Koriya district. The victim, Ravi Sonwan of Khutrapara village, was playing games on the mobile phone on Monday night when it was being plugged to a charging point at home, says his family. The explosion was so powerful that his intestines were spilling out when he was taken to the hospital.

The intensity of the explosion was such that Sonwan’s intestines spilled out. Alongside, another of his friend was also injured.

His family members rolled thick cloth around him to keep the intestines in. One of Ravi’s friends, who was watching him play, was also injured. They were taken to the local community centre and then to Ambikapur hospital. Ravi was shifted late at night to the district hospital as his vital signs deteriorated. The family faced issues in taking the injured to the hospital as the ambulances were on indefinite strike with the demand of salary hike. Finally, the family was forced to take a taxi.

Both the children were taken to the local community centre and then to Ambikapur hospital. However, Ravi was shifted to the district hospital late at night after his vital signs deteriorated. In addition to the ailing health of the child, getting an ambulance proved to be a torture as drivers were on indefinite strike over hike in salary. The family was forced to take Ravi in a taxi, even as a number of ambulances remained parked at the hospital. On Tuesday morning, the boy was taken to Ambikapur Medical College where he underwent several surgeries but died a few hours later. However, Ravi’s friend is expected to recover.

The family faced issues in taking the injured to the hospital as the ambulances were on indefinite strike with the demand of salary hike. Finally, the family was forced to take a taxi.

There have been many such accidents reported in the past as well where mobiles phones have cost lives of the people. In one such incident, a 24-year-old man died after his mobile phone exploded while it was being charged in Korma village in Rajasthan. The man was using his mobile phone, while it was put on charging and suddenly, the mobile battery exploded with a high sound causing him severe burn injuries on chest and hand. He was rushed in an unconscious state to a community health centre, where he was declared brought dead by the doctors.

Stay safe and think twice before using your mobile while it’s in use.

Leave a Reply