The wait is finally over and the JioPhone would be launched tomorrow! August 24, Jio will open the registration counters for its free JioPhone. Although the phone is not exactly free, as consumers will have to pay Rs 1500 refundable security fee as well as money for the monthly plan, it is effectively free.
However, tomorrow as they register, people will not be asked to pay anything. The registration process is simple: Just tell Jio that you want to get a JioPhone and supply your credentials (name, contact details etc). Once the phone is available in September, Jio will ask you to come and collect the JioPhone. It is at that moment, you will have to pay the refundable fee as well as subscribe to a monthly Jio plan.
This handset is once again going to bring about disruption in the telecom market. The major highlight of this phone is that buyers can buy it at a refundable deposit of Rs 1,500, after which they need to pay a small amount of Rs 153 every month. So, for those looking to pre-book the phone, let us tell you that it will be available on a first come first serve basis. If you too want to pre-book it, you need to know various methods for the same.
You can pre-book by paying a price of Rs 500 and this amount will be adjusted while paying the security deposit. Yes, if you have already paid Rs 500, you need to pay just Rs 1000 during the delivery of the device. There are 2 methods i.e. offline and online. Online methods include the official website Jio.com and MyJio app while the offline methods include Jio stores and other retail outlets.
The 4G-enabled Easy Life Reliance Jio feature phone is not available in the market, but will it will follow the welcome offer. However, you can book it following the steps listed below:
1. Go to the official website Jio.com
2. Once you visit the website, you need to enter the phone number and the Aadhar card details.
3. Pay Rs 500 and check out.
4. You will get the notification on your phone number, “You have successfully booked your JioPhone”.
Online booking through MyJio App:
1. Open the MyJio App.
2. Go to pre-booking option.
3. Enter the phone number, pin code and also Aadhar card details.
4. Pay Rs 500.
5. You will get the message of successful booking.
Offline booking through Jio stores:
1. Go to the nearest Jio store or retail store.
2. Give all the details that the store asks and pay Rs 500.
3. You will get an SMS that the booking is confirmed.
4. You will get a receipt too.
So aren’t you going to pre-book it tomorrow itself? Let us know your views.